Ontario 511 features a Google-based map that allows you to access information about Ontario highways. For information about Google Maps visit the Google Maps Help Centre.
To use the website:
- 1. Go to Ontario.ca/511, where you will see our map.
- 2. Select the information you want on the legend – a corresponding icon will then appear on the map. A legend describing the icon (layer you chose) appears below the map.
- 3. Click on the icon to access more detailed information.
- If you have not already registered for the new My 511 system, click the Register button at the top right of the webpage.
- Create a new login with your username and email address. You will receive an email with a link to opt-in for the email alerts.
- Username and email address are required to sign up for personalized alerts.
- Optional: Enter your phone number to access SMS/text alerts. You will receive a code via text to opt-in for text alerts.
- If you have already registered (and confirmed your email address), click on “Login” at the top of the page. Enter your email address and password. Click “Remember Me.”
The following tips will help you navigate through the Ontario 511 phone system.
Getting started: Dial 511 (within Ontario), or toll free while driving in another province or state at 1-866-929-4257.
Welcome message: Once connected, you will hear a welcome message and will be prompted to identify your preferred language (English or French):
- Say “English” or press 1
- Say “Francais” or press 2
Next, if there are closures in effect, you will hear a list of closures.
- Say the highway you want conditions on, or dial the highway number.
- Note, the dial number for QEW is 1
- o If there are more than 5 sections within the highway you have selected, you will be prompted to give either a single location or a from and to location
- After your highway section is determined, you will hear road conditions, then any construction information.
- At any time you may say:
- “Skip” to move to the next section
- “Repeat” to hear the information again
- “Start over” to indicate what highway you want information on
- “Agent” or press 0 to speak with a live agent
- “Goodbye” to leave a comment and/or end the call
- Lack of response, after three attempts will direct you to an agent